Power flushing is a technique used to clear sludge from central heating system pipes, radiators, coils and heat exchangers. These are areas where scale and corrosion can collect, the symptoms are usually:
- Cold spots on radiators, even after bleeding
- Takes a long time for radiators to warm up
- Noisy boiler
- Radiators needing regular bleeding
- Inefficient central heating system
Once a power flush is complete, you can expect the following benefits:
- Pipes and radiators will get hotter quicker
- More cost efficient system
- Less stress on the boiler
- Increased life of the boiler
- Heat will be distributed more evenly throughout the home
Central heating boilers can fail early if there is excessive sludge in the system, modern condensing boilers are much more sensitive so it’s recommended to have a full system flush before installing a new boiler. There is no point in paying for an expensive piece of kit that may fail early because of excessive sludge build up in the system!
You should also check the guarantee on any new boiler as most manufacturers will not accept a claim if the system hasn’t been recently power flushed.